In Today’s blog I will be showing you how to make the perfect stir fry. Follow these steps, buy these ingredients if you have not done so already, and you will be on your way to one of the best meals you’ve had in a long time!
2 tablespoons dark sesame oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 pounds chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
1 head broccoli, stems removed
1 dozen mushrooms, sliced
3 carrots, peeled and julienned
1/4 pound green beans, diced
1 head bok choy, chopped
2 to 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1. Set a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat and allow it to get screaming hot. Swirl in 2 Tablespoons of oil (1 Tablespoon if using a non-stick pan).
2. Add your meat and cook until browned on each side (and cooked through if using chicken or pork). Remove the browned meat from the pan and set aside on a plate.
3. Transfer the densest vegetables (i.e., those that take the longest to cook, such as broccoli, carrots, or bell peppers) into the pan and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add in any quick cooking vegetables (onions, snap peas, etc.) and cook for another minute.
5. Add in any aromatics, if using. Cook for 30 seconds, moving them around the pan constantly to avoid burning.
6. Return the meat to the pan and pour in the sauce. Toss well to coat all of the meat and vegetables. Let cook for one minute until bubbling.
7. Turn the heat off and stir in any fresh herbs, if using.
8. Serve hot with a side of cooked rice or noodles.
It is important to note that you can add beef or chicken, you may even want to eat this without either if that is how you prefer stir fry. The rice and noodles are also interchangeable so be sure to shape it around your taste as well as your audience’s taste.